In true Rory Gilmore fashion I’ve decided to make a pro con list of whether or not there should be a Gilmore movie. I know this seems sacrilegious because of course the Gilmore Girl Fanatic would want this right? That’s what I have thought for years until I really started analyzing it. Feel free to add in any of your own pros and cons in the comments sections. Granted, I have no news about the movie, this is just a rumor that has been floating around forever and ever.
1. We get to see Rory, Lorelai, and Luke again.
2. I have always wanted to know what those last 4 words that Amy Sherman Palladino had planned for the show.
1. In a lot of these reunion types of movies some of the cast isn’t available. This usually leads to the creators killing off some characters, quite literally. In lower budget TV movies either they introduce new people or just bring in a replacement like the show did with Mia. Granted, I don’t know if this would happen but it just makes me so scared and would probably only involve the minor characters that I’d almost rather that there wasn’t a movie.
2. It would only be two hours long. It’s not like the series would be coming back. This means that they would have to create a storyline that would be contained within this time frame from start to finish. I don’t know if a lot of viewers would see the conflict resolution they felt was missing from the series.
3. I didn’t feel that the show ended badly. I know a lot of people felt like there were unanswered questions but I really didn’t feel this way at all.
So if the pro/con list thing is accurate *gulp*…Of course if there ever was a movie I would watch it, and buy it. Hopefully, it would involve Amy and the entire original cast and there wouldn’t be a funeral.