There’s a really good scene in Romie & Michele’s High School Reunion about who is the Rhoda & who is the Mary. It’s the same way on the "Gilmore Girls". No one wants to be the Sookie. Everyone thinks they are the Lorelai. The world has to have some Sookies. Sookie is one of the best friends you could ever have, & if you can be that kind of person, you will have lived a good life. Besides, we all have to share the Sookie time before we get the Lorelai "It’s all about me" time. I think we all have a little Sookie inside us & here’s some ways to tap into your "Inner Sookie".
1. Commitment to a bit. Every once in awhile it’s fun to just keep laughing at something long after it has ended. Sookie doesn’t care that people are looking at her weird. She is enjoying the joke & that’s all that matters.
2. Listen. Sounds simple but how many people in Stars Hallow or anywhere actually do this? Sookie & Lorelai are such good friends because even though Sookie can ascertain what’s wrong in about 15 seconds, she still listens to Lorelai talk it out, even if it’s the same problem over & over.
3. Master the "What?". That signature what with the little push on the shoulder. People like to be asked questions. I prefer to just talk about whatever I feel like, but I’m special. Plus the shoulder push usually comes off more as me hitting someone & that rarely goes over well.
4. You have to be a little psychic. For all of Sookie’s quirkiness, she always knows what is wrong.
5. So if you are a little "out of it", a little "quirky", you have prime mocking opportunity. If you are honest & sweet, people will believe whatever you say, so you can get away with pretty much everything & then pull a Sookie "no, not really…but".
It also doesn’t hurt if you are an amazing chef & wear your hair in pig tails.