This was by far my favorite episode of the season, which still wasn’t saying much. I loved it so much because every December I wonder what the Gilmores are doing for Christmas. Luckily, Lorelai held Christmas for Rory so we finally got to see all their traditions. Here are my top 5 favorite things about this episode, & there were actually 5 good things:
1. Christmas the Gilmore way. Whether it’s putting red & green m&m’s in breakfast cereal or pretending to bake the cookies they bought at Westons, Christmas was uniquely Gilmore. They bought 7 trees this year because they were on sale.
2. Luke came into the Dragonfly to ask Lorelai for a character reference for his custody battle. Michaael took one look at him & said something like “Oh, I thought we were done with you”
3. Lane, Mrs. Kim, Brian, Zac & Gil were all back. When Lane was asked about the babies she said she was just fat & it was socially acceptable to carry all the weight on her belly, thus making the innocent townspeople feel bad. Mental note to self if I ever get pregnant.
4. Several mentions of the outing of Pluto as a planet. I really loved when they were in the store & said they were there to buy all the Pluto stuff because it would be collector’s items someday.
5. Rory & Lorelai spent a lot of time just talking this episode, in person too instead of over the phone.
It looks like next week Chris asks Lorelai if she is still in love with Luke so it will be back to the craptacular that is season 7; but this episode was good.