Here are the jottings I made on a notepad while watching this episode of “Gilmore Girls”, some of which I need help understanding. Consider it a game.
1.Must get my parents an answering machine. Lorelai told Emily & Richard that she was married on their answering machine, of course they took that really well. They also gave her Wolf Girl for a wedding present. It’s no house, like they had planned for Luke & Lorelai are they also closet L&L fans?
2. Rory with Paris. Rory moved back in Paris, I’m very happy about that.
3. Glad Anna mother’s ailing. She & April are moving to New Mexico, also very happy about that. Also I might be a horrible person
4. Worst crying scene. In reference to April’s fake crying or convulsion. whatever it was the kid needs help.
5. Jackson talking to. Jackson gave Christopher a stern talking to when Lorelai said they had to go on a “Man Date” because if you’re in with Jackson you’re in with the town. This was my favorite aspect of this episode. It is probably the only episode we will have with just Christopher & Lorelai trying to make things work until Luke comes back & screws everything up. The town like everyone else is secretly a Luke & Lorelai fan.
6. Free needles. The town held a knitting marathon to save the bridge. (They already saved the bridge but they made it out of nice wood so it rotted so now they have to save it again). So everyone gathered in the town square for a knit-a-thon. Christopher tried to be helpful & donated the full amount a few hours in. The marathon ended early & I hated Chris a little more. However, Kirk was walking around with a suitcase full of knitting needles yelling about free needle, & Lorelai said, something to the effect that Stars Hallow was progressive. One of my favorite “Gilmore Girls” jokes of all time. Also, Lorelai was wearing this skull & bones t-shirt that said “knit or die” & the cross bones were made out of skull & bones. (Don’t ask for a picture, I’ve already looked high & low).
7. Kapow. I always thought that Martie would come back in a flash of brilliance, instead of him putting up with being referred to only as “boyfriend”. I thought he would grab Rory & there would be a Kapow as he kissed her & said “Logan be damned”. Instead it’s all this subtle conversation & if he wasn’t so pretty I’d be bored. Kapow we need Kapow.
The episode ended with Luke finally telling Anna that he is April’s father too & he has rights. (It’s about time). I felt that the characters were finally being true to themselves. Even Martie got in a little Kapow when he told Rory she was beautiful. So it was a nice reprise until the suckiness starts next week. Suckiness is too a word, don’t give me that Microsoft Word, you’re just upset because you can’t make up your own words. Oh & if anyone know who Tipp O’Neil is, or anything close to that spelling let me know, because Lorelai wanted to marry him when she was little.