Most of the population rolls their eyes at my obsessive use of the abbreviation “GG” & my talk of Rory, & my quest to read/talk/think/look like someone who is “fictional”. At this, the season of thanks, I would like to explain why I love the “Gilmore Girls” so much.
1. Taught me that onion rings & muffins go together. It all just gets mixed up in your stomach anyways.
2. Rory is trying to bring bangs back into fashion.
3. Introduced me to Tom Waits, Sylvia Plath, Dorothy Parker, & “Cop Rock”.
4. Made Tuesdays Sacred. Also gave me a good excuse for breaking up with someone. “He asked me to do something on a TUESDAY. Can you imagine?”
5. One of the few examples of women in the media who are feminine without being weak, looking for love without being desperate, career oriented without compromising themselves, & pretty while being everything else.
6. Reminded me that even feminine, career oriented, beautiful, strong women have trouble with their mothers.
7. Turned watching the roomba vacuum into a pastime.
8. Broke the myth that the plural of cul de sac is cul de sacs (apparently it is culs de sac)
9. Learned that you never, ever try to get divorced at a Post Boxes etc.