Give up, he doesn’t exist. I didn’t believe in the perfect man, or even a decent man, until I “met” Luke from Gilmore Girls. Admittedly, I still haven’t found a Luke, but it’s not my fault men are so lame 😛 However, I’m going to keep looking and being happy. Thanks to Problogger for the group writing project on lists. This project even has $1250 in prizes so check it out. These are dating tips that I’ve learned from the TV show “Gilmore Girls” on how to find the perfect man.
1. Be cool. Live your life and be friendly to people, and don’t place your first name with the last name of every man you see. (I know, I’m guilty of this too, I have ruled out the last names Lee, Parker, and Ferguson because my first name is Sara.) Apparently that scares off men, I can’t imagine why. If you are relaxed and just genuinely get to know people, you will find a lot of dating opportunities through friends.
2. Look your best. Some people swear that grocery stores are the best places to pick up men. Lorelai met Luke in a diner, and if she hadn’t of brushed her teeth that morning, things probably wouldn’t have taken off.
3. Sort. Let’s face it, there’s a lot of losers out there (sorry guys). It’s a lot like doing laundry, you’ve just got to go through and see who works and who doesn’t. At times it seems like there is never going to be a “perfect” person, so you mine as well be with a mediocre guy. Maybe there is no perfect person, but as my Mom always told me “If you don’t think he/she is the best person in the world for you, you shouldn’t be with them.”
4. Patience. It took Luke & Lorelai five years to get together. Through this time they both dated other people, but they didn’t settle. A good match takes time.
5. Don’t give a darn. Nice how I held back on the swearing huh? Lorelai Gilmore found Luke because she was her own person. She doesn’t need him, she loves her life anyways. She is independent and has her friends, movie nights, business, & daughter and she is happy. This is a very attractive quality plus if by chance you don’t find your Luke you don’t lose anything, you’ve still been happy.
Is there anything I left out? How did you find your Luke/Lorelai? leave a comment and let me know.